View Single Post
Old
12-31-2004, 04:49 PM
FlyersFan10*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip588
I'm unfortunately too young to have seen much of Brian Propp. But I can tell you after seeing Rosie in a good amount of his home games over the past year and a bit, he is a pure sniper.

He's got the quickest and most accurate shot on his team, and one of the best in the league. His coach, Mike Stothers, calls it 'big league'. He's also got soft hands and is incredibly tough to knock off the puck. More often than not though he scores on a shot than a deke, but it's normal to see him deke past the opposition's defenders.

He's also got quite a fiesty side to him, despite the European label some immdeiately put on him.

I'd really like to know what Clarkie thinks of him.
It's too bad you never got to see Brian Propp play. He was one of the best Flyers of all time. Gritty, but had hands that were feather soft and one heck of a shot. Scored lots of goals throughout his career. I see a lot of that in Ruzicka. I hope the Flyers do the right thing though and not rush these kids along. Let them play in the AHL for a season or two, develop some chemistry, and most importantly, teach them what the professional game is all about.