View Single Post
Old
01-03-2010, 11:42 AM
D713B

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
So why have they been taking so long to set up the last 2 years?

That was my argument before. Have the Bowl game on the 25th. You have a lot of man power setting up preparations. So things can get done pretty quickly. Does it NEED 2 weeks?? Like you said Buffalo that began only a few days prior to New Years day.
You have to take into account how protective of the field the Yankees are too. Having a football game then immediately rushing to host a hockey game would leave the field in less than desirable shape. There was an article I read talking about them not wanting their field crew working through the month of February to repair the field, I'll see if I can track it down again.

From the NHL's perspective the ice surface has been improved every year since by having it in place longer. Fenway also made buckets of money being able to rent out the ice for 10k an hour for corporate skates.

Either way it appears that the NHL feels more comfortable with substantially more time than ~7 days to pull off an event of this magnitude if they've progressively started earlier and earlier.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote