Old
01-03-2010, 06:24 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
He's almost 26 years old, not like he's some teenager out there. He is the same age as Girardi who most on here think is expendable. This is why I leave HF board so confused sometimes.

Sorry he's a disapointment so far.
What were you expecting from him? I get that he's 25, but he's still a rookie in the professional game. Being in college at 24 doesn't magically make you as mature and prepared for the NHL as a 24 year old who spent a couple of seasons in the AHL before making the jump.

There's also the fact that he's been playing defense for all of four years. So again, while he's 25, he's extremely inexperienced at the position for a guy playing in the NHL. How many guys make the league having only played forward or defense for four years? I'd venture to say it's a tiny amount of players.

So to me, his age is irrelevant. He had a terribly late start on learning the position and I think he's doing quite well for himself all things considered.

He looks like a solid rookie defenseman out there. He makes his fair share of mistakes and he makes his fair share of good plays. Seriously, I don't know what people were expecting... Half the board penciled Corey Potter or Ilkka Heikkinen into the lineup ahead of Gilroy before the season, so it can't be that much, right? I think anyone that's genuinely disappointed with Gilroy (as opposed to just being in a perpetual state of disappointment with all things Rangers) has no one but themselves to blame for having unrealistic expectations for the kid.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote