View Single Post
Old
01-03-2010, 09:35 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
But they are and so are the Islanders. I'm not saying it's fair or that I like it but it's true.

Rangers fans can complain and I don't blame anyone for doing it. But this happens to Islanders fans and Devils fans a lot more. Probably almost 1 of every 3 or 4 Islanders games are not HD. devils aren't that much better maybe 1 of every 5 games. The Rangers this happens only 1 or 2 out of every 82 games. It's really unfair because Islanders fans and Devils fans pay just as much money for their games as Rangers fans.

I think if MSG signs all these teams to their network which they did then they should suck it up and pony up for more HD channels.
agreed.

And my frustration has more to do with the devils and islanders at any point taking priority over the Rangers simply because the network is called Madison Square Garden and Madison Square Garden + yet there are times where the rangers are at home and not in HD?

I think most of us including myself understand the networks are contract-obligated to broadcast x amount of games of the Isles and devils in HD. That doesn't make it any less frustrating that, as a Rangers fan, my team has to play second fiddle to a team from NJ on select nights. The Islanders it's a little less painful, simply because they're also a New York Team, and cableivision pretty much owns 80% of the media on LI, so it's not all that surprising I guess.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote