Bison/Jet Fan

vCash: 500
UBC Gets a Split

January 3, 2010

TWEETY-BIRDS RACK UP WIN AS BREAK ENDS

MCGILL REDMEN 2
UBC THUNDERBIRDS 3

|> [LEAGUESTAT SUMMARY] ~ [SCORER'S SHEET] ~ [C.W. STORY] ~ [UBC STORY]

Although it was a non-conference game, a win over an A-calibre team like the McGilligutties has to give the Tweety-Birds some confidence for the home stretch. AS on Friday night, UBC held an edge in shots (45-24). However they were down 2-1 until Brandon Campos scored twice in the last 9 minutes. Francois Thuot was back in goal for UBC. He had a good start (including his wins over the Bisons) and then tailed off. UBC plays Regina next week and then will be here to face the Herd.

REGINA COUGARS 0
LETHBRIDGE PRONGHORNS 3

|> [SAIT SITE]

This was the 3rd place game in the SAIT tournament Their site has only the score posted as I write. I have a hunch that the Horny Ones will be stiff competition for the Bisons next weekend. Their backs are to the wall and they need some home ice sweeps.

SAIT TROJANS 2
CALGARY DINOSAURS 5

|> [SAIT STORY]

This win gave Calgary the tournament title and bragging rights over their cross-town neighbour. I have added the SAIT link. Calgary had a 3-0 lead. It appears from the home-side perspective that the home side was badly outshot but nevertheless had their chances once they rallied to make it 3-2. My guess is that SAIT is happy that they showed they could be a CW team if the ACAC and CIS make a deal.

NEXT UP:

Jan 8th Calgary @ Alberta
Jan 8th Manitoba @ Lethbridge
Jan 8th Regina @ UBC
Jan 9th Alberta @ Calgary
Jan 9th Manitoba @ Lethbridge
Jan 9th Regina @ UBC

NEXT BISON HOME GAME:
UBC THUNDERBIRDS @ MANITOBA BISONS
January 15th and 16th ~ 7:00 pm ~ Max Bell

BOOKMARKS:

~ ~ ~
[SCHEDULE & RESULTS PAGE] ~ [LEAGUESTAT PAGE]

Last edited by Hollywood3: 01-04-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: UPDATED SAIT LINK ADDED
Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote