View Single Post
Old
01-04-2010, 06:37 AM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
The goaltending situation that I am alluding to is the fact that we seem to have 3 goaltenders that are playing relatively well.
It is what it is this year, and that is Emery, Boosh, Leighton in that order.

Goaltending is clearly not the problem with this team, even though that is the popular thing in Philly....I dont think Emery is the long term answer, but he was playing very solid before he got hurt. Who knows how long he was playing hurt...Boosh is a more than adequate backup and can get on some hot streaks and start for you over stretches when needed.

This team was averaging something like 1.7 goals scored per game during that streak, not going to win many game with Roy or Brodeur like that much less anyone else.

We somehow need to get a young goaltender in here though.....Any chance we can get Schneider from Vancouver now that they signed Luongo long-term?

I fear that the "Richards era" is going to be a repeat of the Lindros era where we are always close, but never have the goaltender to get it done. The cap situation is not going to get any better over the next couple of years either. Someone from Briere, Gagne, Carter and Hartnell are going to need to be moved to free up space for a goalie unfortunately and in my opinion, Gagne is the last one I move.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote