View Single Post
Old
01-04-2010, 11:21 AM
rangergiant

vCash: 500
This whole discussion is premature at this point because Henrik is so early in his career. Putting that aside and trying to just use their existing bodies of work, you would have to call Henrik the more consistent goalie with all the years as a Vezina finalist in a row to start his career, Richter wasn't really that kind of goalie. He had great years, he had a few not so memorable ones. But at his finest, I think Richter was better. He was great in defeat at times as well. Think about the 1997 playoff run with all those injuries, Ken Gerdander and Dallas Eakins getting tons of ice time. They still beat a decent Florida team and a heavily favored Devil squad. Think about the 1996 World Cup. Or most memorable to me was his last stand: The Gold Medal game at the '02 olympics, 3rd period especially. The onslaught he withstood as Marty basically sat in a rocking chair in that game was unforgettable. Also why I would take him in a big spot over Marty, who was never asked to "win" games the way Richter was. Henrik is on his way and will probably ultimately be the guy if he wins a cup, but at this stage you have to go Richter.

rangergiant is offline   Reply With Quote