View Single Post
Old
01-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Mauri11*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
No matter how you spin it, Kovalchuk leaving would be a huge hit to this team... not only because of his elite play, but because of the implications. The team will be less competitive, so they will have to continue to use overpayments to entice mediocre UFAs. It's not like you'll get many players who want to play in Atlanta like Kozlov and possibly Antropov.

Don't expect Atlanta to remain competitive without Kovy next season. Expect another "rebuild" instead.

No, that team is absolutely brutal.
Well here's a surprise, just so happens double D perfectly described the whole Thrashers and Kovy situation in his post. NOT!! (as in its not a surprise..I expect this kind of quality post from this particular poster) seriously read this guy's posts...it wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a major player in the film industry in the next few years and his hockey analysis is top notch. Don't let his humbleness fool you...this guy is the real deal.

I'm gonna have to agree with this poster on this particular issue.
Like DeepOrangeW Dow said, Kovy is a BIG part of the thrashers team and it would be a HUGE loss if he decided to leave.

Some call me Wishy-Washy but I gotta side with Dow jones on this one folks.