View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Jon Burke

vCash:
Getting back on topic, I wouldn't do this deal. I like Tucker, but where would he play?

At left wing (what I'd consider his natural position), we have Naslund, Arvedson, Daniel Sedin, Matt Cooke and Brad May. No room there, we already had to move Daniel Sedin to the right side.

We have Morrison, Henrik Sedin, Chubarov, Lindgren and Reid at center. Yes, we could cut Lindgren loose and give Tucker the 3rd line center spot (pushing Chubie into a fourth line role), but I believe we signed Lindgren to a contract this summer, so I'd say we're at least a little bit committed to him. Besides, he's good on faceoffs and the PK and also a reliable defensive forward. Even if we did decide to move him, we'd probably give his spot to Reid. So Tucker doesn't really fit at center, either.

At right wing, we have Bertuzzi, Linden and Ruutu. Daniel Sedin has also been shifted here, so I don't really see any room once again. Linden is too good to be relegated to the fourth line and so is Tucker. No room here either.

And I'm not too interested in moving Sopel or Malik for Tucker. We need 'em.