View Single Post
Old
01-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
That is absolutely not even a top 25 team in the league. The 3rd line is horrible, slater on the 4th line is bad giving him more minutes is even more more more bad. Kane-Peverley-Little for the top line? Sorry but Kane ain't carrying this team and certainly Little can't. I highly highly doubt Peverley is carrying a team. We have no true leader on offense. Our leading point getter next season would have 60 points the most.

The defense speaks for itself. After Bogo-Enstrom we're doomed. Get ready for 50 shots against all over paired with no scoring at all = 1st overall pick.

No matter how you look at it, when and if we lose Kovalchuk we will go into rebuilding mode for atleast 2 more seasons. Because i highly doubt we sign the right UFA's next season and re-sign the ones we HAVE too.
i didn't say it would win the cup. you continue to not get it through your thick skull that little didn't all of a sudden turn into a horrible player. kane will only get better you would assume. that first line is fine. you also don't understand that that team would be much better defensively than the one we have now. all of those lines would be great at keeping the puck out of their own net. hainsey is not as bad as you say he is and barker may be overrated but he is still solid. do you think we can re-sing kubina? do you think we can get an all star defenseman for anything we have? you're delusional if you do. we have to get our younger defensmen experience some time, they aren't just going to step right in and be top pairing d-men. we will not make the playoffs this year or next year if we trade kovy. accept it. already our team is built more for the future than right now. we overachieved early in the season and have underachieved lately. we need for our young players to get experience first. bogosian has still only played two halves of a season. kane has only played half a season. little has only played one full season. you're acting like we need to sell everything we have when that is only going to lead to more losing