View Single Post
Old
01-04-2010, 07:50 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 500
There was a show that aired last night on local Vancouver televison that showed the selection process of the American Olympic team; I believe there will be other installments giving time to the other 'Big 6' nations (Canada, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic), though I'm not too sure if all nations will be featured.

I only watched the first 15 minutes or so, but camera crews were given full access to the whittling down process by the American management. It was a roundtable discussion and involved everyone from Burke and Wilson, through Dean Lombardi, David Poile and Paul Holmgren.

Burke was very clear through his interviews that they wanted a top 6 forward group that was highly skilled and a bottom six 'full of ******.' (rhymes with 'tricks') The same went for the defense; highly skilled individuals mixed with sandpaper.

Burke will take full responsibility if the US Team fails to meet expectations; he knew how he wanted the team structured and the selection committee made sure the team came out the way they wanted it to.

Carle/Liles/whoever didn't get snubbed; they just didn't fit the mix of talent and grinders that Burke and Co. wanted.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote