View Single Post
Old
01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Brandinho

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
You just called Brooks Orpik sleek. I don't know why but I got a big chuckle out of that. He's an intense, scary looking dude. "Sleek" just made me chuckle a lot.
Intense and scary doesn't begin to describe him. The dude seems like he'd be a serial killer if he didn't play hockey. There's no life in his eyes. But as for sleek...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXsk_qZTvLo

That kind of play is as much a product of excellent mobility as it is physicality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
I really like the guy (took a lot of heat for it last year), but I'd be really surprised if he ever broke 45 points.

I think he has good puckmoving and stickhandling skills, but his shot is nothing to write home about and he's pretty slow which hinders his ability to get up and join the rush.

The common denominator for almost all d-men who put up a lot of points is a good shot. A good shot scores goals and also creates rebounds and tip chances that lead to assists. Carle doesn't have that, plus he plays with Pronger, so Pronger's the one on that pairing doing most of the shooting.

I think he'll put up 35-40 points and a pretty good +/-, but I don't think he'll ever be an elite offensive d-man.
Makes sense. Thanks.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote