View Single Post
Old
01-05-2010, 12:59 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I love being on the giving end of these kind of games. Hate being on the losing end, but tonight's game was like the Globetrotters and the Washington Generals. We deserved to get our ***** kicked.

I don't think the play was all that fast but the Sharks were just standing still tonight. Even the Marleau penalty throwing the stick .... could have just made two strides and handed Boyle his stick but instead was stuck with his feet planted. Just a sign of how poorly they played. All teams, even good ones have these kind of games but the choker tag this team hung around its neck puts an even bigger spotlight on effort.

Not taking away anything from the Kings performance tonight. They moved the puck really well on the PP and when the score hit +4 played a smart road game. The shot differential was meaningless really.

The Kings have a really solid team. Rockin strong defense. Love Simmonds play. He seems like he scores every game against us. Handzus really strengthens the team up the middle and Quick has been a real find. I am going to be curious to see if Lombardi pulls the trigger on a trade for a veteran player this season at the deadline, or stands pat. I think the team has enough chemistry to get deep into the playoffs just because of the backline and goal. If I were him, I'd leave the team alone this year and let it develop and learn together in the P/Os. I'll say this: If the Kings and Sharks face each other in the playoffs, the Kings aren't going to feel like underdogs.