View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 03:28 PM
Allan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
If examined from a literary perspective, the persona of a tragic hero seems to be enveloping young Comrie. Mikey's Othelleon spring-to-fall from grace in this promising year of 2003 seems to have been manipulated by his 'Rich' agent. This Iago (for those who enjoy the extended metaphor) whose whispering innuendoes that have fostered false perceptions, has subtly directed our tragic hero towards a "Winter of his discontent." This very embodiment of Greed/Agency is why a new CBA must declaw laissez-faire representation gone rabid.

But MC must bear some of the responsibility for his own growing misfortune. Mike's "to be, or not to be" indecisiveness (to mix the metaphor) will ultimately let him enjoy a "glorious summer" elsewhere.

Maybe our nations capital? Perhaps our young 'Dane' from the relative 'Hamlet' of Edmonton can be exchanged for the similarly discontented young 'Czech' Havalat. I propose a straight-up trade for Comrie ... what do you say Mr. Muckler? We're giving up 2 points of talent over the last two full season on this deal. :p
I'm sure it will get done "tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow". Interesting post. I think we both have too much time on our hands.:p