Thread: Rumor: Rangers-Oilers (Cogliano)
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2010, 09:41 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Dont see how he would help the Rangers right now. I dont think he would add a ton of scoring. But hes got speed... Seems to me like he would be another redundant part here. But at least hes young.

Quote:
The Oilers would love to move Cogliano, O'Sullivan, Staios, and Moreau so I would expect one of them names involved in any trades they make. The Oilers would be looking to aquire nothing but youth. I am not ready to say a trade will for sure happen but I can confirm one is close in the making.
Cap Hits:

Cogliano - 1.133 - upcoming RFA
O'Sullivan - 2.925 - 1 yr. remaining - RFA
Staios - 2.7 - 1 yr remaining - UFA
Moreau - 2.0 - 1 yr. remaining - UFA

Dont think any of them would make a significant difference in this team.

I've always like O'Sullivan, but i really don't know where he is in his career right now, i havent seen him play enough to make an honest assessment. He had the one great year in LA and that was it really. He has talent, but im not sure where you would play him and whos spot he would take, unless Prospals injury is a lot worse than it seems to be which i doubt. Plus his cap hit is a bit steep and hes RFA after another year.

Moreau I wouldnt touch.

Staios is a rugged vet the Rangers could have used at the start of the season. Cap hit is a little high for the Rangers to swallow, but if they could fit him in Id rather have him than Redden for sure... duh.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 01-06-2010 at 10:02 AM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote