View Single Post
Old
01-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
he doesnt live in center city? the skates are usually in the am i believe
Nope, in NJ. Bought a house in Haddonfield a couple years ago. It was Hartnell, Carter, and Upshall that were making waves for being in Olde City...but as noted below, I wouldn't be shocked if they weren't the only guys that live in the city, or this side of the river.

But are we talking 9am, or like 10-11am. Where you're running towards noon, and they can stay at the arena and start doing video studying, any training room needs they might have, etc. before the game.

I really don't see the problem with having the game day skate...at the location where the game is going to take place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Did I miss something about Richards, Carter and Hartnell going to Homer?
Quote:
Monday, Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren had a team-building expert meet with his players and agreed to move game-day skates back to the Wachovia Center, apparently at the urging of the players who live in the city.

When Laviolette first replaced John Stevens, he moved game-day skates from the Center to the Skate Zone in Voorhees.
It's unclear who did, and I have no idea where all the various players live...I'm sure Hartnell and Carter are not the only guys that live in the city (Forsberg did when he was here). I know Recchi and Leclair lived out on the Main Line back in the day. So, really, who knows who exactly was voting there.

However, I do think it's a perfectly understandable desire if you don't live in NJ.