Old
01-06-2010, 02:55 PM
GothamRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Thats a better assessment.

I give him credit for two things though.

1 - As an elite goaltender hes probably has had more pressure put on him than any other in the league because of the lack of scoring by his team. If he is expected to stop every stoppable shot, then we should expect Gaborik to net a goal and an assist every night and not make any bad plays. The role of a goaltender is scrutinized at a higher level than any other position on the team, especially this team.

2 - He never complains, and always responds to the media after losses with thoughts about we HE can do better. He has shown a ton of leadership with this team and the meeting he called turned things around after he went out and backed it up with stellar play for several games. To me thats part of the grade for me. Guys like Redden who ***** and moan do nothing about it. Certain personalities in this league are selfish and it hurts the team. This is one of the top players and ambassadors of this team and he acts and plays like it.
Agreed. It's always him covering up for everyone else, when's the last time the skaters 1.) were in a position to cover his butt and 2.) actually did, deflecting any would be criticism of him?

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote