View Single Post
Old
01-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Superman33

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I have only watched bits and pieces of SportsCenter this morning, but haven't seen anything about the WJC. Did anyone who watched the whole thing see anything about this? If they didn't say anything about this it would be a huge injustice not only to Team USA but to the sport of hockey itself.
I usually watch SportsCenter for a good 30 minutes every morning while making my lunch and eating breakfast. My post a couple pages back was pretty much dead on. I started around the 15 minute mark and they were just finishing up talking about the GT vs. Iowa game last night. They moved onto the "college football team" aka Kirk Herby and boys talking about the national championship game. Kirk mentioned they had been "stuck" at the stadium since a bowl game was played there last week. I feel like even he knows that this coverage is excessive.

They then moved onto the Gilbert Areanes(?) thing with the guns. After some B-ball they moved onto all coaching changes in the NFL. I usually turn it off at about 45 minutes in. During the entire time I watched the bottom line too, nothing was on there either.

Of course I talked about this injustice to my students today...some of which actually knew that this took place. Most likely because I talked all day about it yesterday. One student claims he saw them put a picture of the team on Sportcenter celebrating after the game. I am thinking it was one of those stupid "freeze frame" things they do with the voting on which one is the best. I didn't watch the top ten plays, but I would also hope the overtime goal was number one. It gives them an out about not talking about it as they mention it for the 10 seconds they show the clip. But knowing ESPN it was probably a dunk or the top 10 mike shanahan moments.

Superman33 is offline   Reply With Quote