Thread: Goaltending.
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2010, 08:30 AM
DoomMF

vCash: 500
1. Right now Hedberg is playing better. If we're trying to make the playoffs you ride Hedberg for a bit. 3 goals a game is better than the 4 or 5 that Pavelec ALWAYS gives up.

2. Pavelec is a great young prospect. Anyone dismissing a 22 year old for a bad stretch is crazy. At this point it's up in the air if he turns out to be something special, but so far we've seen him be very good, and now very bad. The truth probably lies somewhere in between.

3. Lehtonen is the wildcard. In spite of what Barnaby says, Kari has always performed well on some pretty poor teams w/out much defense in front of him. He is not as consistent as you would like, but he is top-tier talent and has put together some strong, but injury riddled seasons. People go crazy about how great MAF is, but I've never seen anything in MAF that would make me think he's better than Kari. On a better team, yes, better overall - not sure.

Of course I would take MAF over Kari because of how injury prone Kari is, but Kari has played 45+ games a year for 3 straight years, so it's not quite as bad as people make it out to be.

4. When Lehtonen comes back his play will determine who survives the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these three traded by the end of the year.

Quite frankly I think Kari is the best of the three, and I'm hoping when he comes back he can play at a high level. If he doesn't, I guess we deal him and ride the hot hand the rest of the year. Hopefully if that happens Hedberg and Pavelec decide to get hot at different times instead of playing well at the same time and then awful at the same time. (Of course the D has a lot to do with this as well).