View Single Post
Old
01-07-2010, 11:56 AM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
Until the Flyers beat a couple of good teams in a row, I can pretty much rule out a Stanley Cup. This team still has some serious issues. Beating the crap out of a bad Toronto team is one thing. Winning 4 out of 7 against Pittsburgh, New Jersey or Buffalo is something else.

What have we got in Pronger? He hasn't played like an elite defenseman. He hasn't been a big physical presence. He hasn't been an especially great leader. I'm not saying he's been bad-he's probably been their best defenseman. But, for the price they paid, he needs to be among the best in the NHL.

The problem is, by adding Pronger, they lost scoring depth-which they are sorely missing right now. They had to go cheap in goal, which may still turn out well-despite Emery being ranked 30th or lower in most statistical categories, I think he has played well.

Is the season over? No. They have a fairly favorable schedule and might be able to right the ship yet. But time is running out. They can't afford to have games like they did against Ottawa any more.
Agreed. I stop short of saying I am disappointed in Pronger, but I did expect a little more. I do believe that he is the type of player who will make his biggest impact in the playoffs. I wasnt a huge fan of that trade however.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote