View Single Post
Old
01-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Well it depends what you qualify as "mismanaged". As much as I like Carcillo, the Upshall trade was mismanagement. Not a major loss, but that qualifies in my view. The Eminger trade was poor as well, and not in a "looking back" type manner as most people were baffled at the time. The Gauthier thing was a waste of a 2nd round pick as well.

The other things I've seen listed I wouldn't count as egregious losses of assets including Pitkanen/Lupul, Carle trade, Pronger trade. You could easily argue these trades as being wins for the team if you chose to do so, so I think labeling these as mismanagement is splitting hairs at best

So essentially, you have 3 bad moves that could be labeled as mismanagement of assets. I don't think that's the issue here.
The Carle trade was fine from a value standpoint, but it was a part of a chain of mismanagement. It was a reaction to his mismanagement of a first for Eminger, and then it led to his mismanagement of Upshall and a 2nd. Not to mention Vaananen and Metro were waived because of that deal. So the fact that he never worked out the cap implications beforehand taints that deal. It wasn't a smart move.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote