View Single Post
Old
01-07-2010, 04:09 PM
LyNX27

vCash: 500
When I shoot, I take every thing into perspective... I shouldn't only be aiming at the top corner every time... Which is the goalies glove hand, where is he positioned, is he out too far, is he in too deep?

These are a few of the many things to be considered and should affect your shot on a basis by basis kinda way. Shooting low is generally the best way to get it done. If your shot doesn't find the back of the net, generally it provides a juicy rebound in front and will often create a little confusion... which is good for you.

Shots up high are very hit or miss... you either hit it, or you don't in which case its usually a turn over if you miss high... Unless the goalie gloves it.

Shooting about a foot of the ground is my personal favorite because of the fact that many goalies go butterfly now adays or, when they hit the knees they overcompensate and the puck goes above the pads.

Every situation is different, so treat it so. Sometimes the opportunity for a high shot is too good to pass up, especially on a goalie who shows he's weak up high, especially on the blocker side and doubly so if he's slightly out of position as he'll probably try and push off his other skate and (unfortunately for him) slide into the butterfly position as a consequence of being on one skate.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote