Old
01-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by atleternal View Post
uh, uh

No way, keep the big guy on the first line when he returns, he creates way more space for Kovalchuk. Iíd be willing to bet that if he was playing tonight we would have won that game in regulation.

I say keep the guy with 36 points and that is a plus 14 on the first line, call me crazy?!?!?

That line they ran tonight with Kovy, Pevs and Little didnít produce a single point, and I believe they were all in the minus column as well.
umm...did you watch the game or just check the score sheet?

they were easily the best three players on the ice last night. the number of times peverley and little were robbed was ridiculous. antropov's good, but from the time peverley got here he and kovalchuk have had instant chemistry every time they were on the ice. peverley>antropov in every aspect of the game aside from board play and screening. and i'm someone who was pushing hard to sign antropov last offseason. you can't just say they had no points last game so obviously they aren't as good of a line because we scored ONE goal in regulation against a goalie that played out of his mind and still had to be ridiculously lucky to not let up 5 goals.

but even if it's a cardinal sin to take antropov off the first line at least keep peverley and little on the same line

kane-peverley-little
kozzy-slater-armstrong
thorburn-reasoner-boulton

put kane on a line with actual scorers already and not other grind it out players like armstrong and reasoner. with those lines you would have at least one guy that knows how to use his body on every line

antropov
kane
armstrong
basically the entire 4th line