View Single Post
Old
01-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
LOL i was thinking the same thing. Kid played a great game and all the sudden he is going to be taking lundqvist's job at some point? Ridiculous. Yeah "Prince Chad" will pass lundqvist in about 7-8 years. I'm not taking anything away from his performance last night but he did have a lot of luck on his side. He had teammates batting loose pucks out of the crease and a lot of shanked shots by atlanta. Even in the shootout I still dont know what kovalchuk was thinking with that shot.
The kid looked great last night. If he continues to impress he has the backup role all to himself, hopefully for a few years. If he proves he's a starter, hmm, thats some piece of trade material that could land us something very nice. Its all gravy.

And yeah, Kovalchuk being way too nonchalant on that shootout attempt. Often shooters end up fooling themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers84 View Post
Lundqvist is not god. And I'm sure if Lundqvist played the game yesterday people wouldn't be saying he got lucky. Honestly though I think they don't get to OT with Lundqvist in net. Chad is better with in game situations and Lundy is stronger one on one and shootouts, that's how I see it. Names mean nothing to me- I watch their game and judge them on how they perform not how much money they make or how long they've been around for. And I am not a Lundqvist hater, at the same time I don't love Lundqvist so much to the point where I'm going to blindly defend him every chance I get.
We're trying to curb your enthusiasm here, and you're just making it worse.

Last edited by Bluenote13: 01-08-2010 at 11:53 AM.