View Single Post
Old
01-08-2010, 06:34 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
People saying Johnson played only decent are downplaying his game a little bit. His positioning was really good, and he made some difficult saves look easy (no not the blocker save Michelletti was talking about).

For his first NHL game he looked very impressive, he kept his cool and did not look out of place by any means. At times he was the only reason the Rangers kept the lead when his team was being outworked.

Does this mean he will pass Lundqvist at some point in his career? I really don't think so. But hopefully it does mean that we have someone who can play 20 games a year and give us a chance to win.
I'm not downplaying chad's game last night. He made some great saves. But he definitely did have a lot of luck and if you want to ignore that fact then I cant do anything about that. I would be saying the same thing if it was lundqvist in net last night. You got a pass across to an open Peverly (i think it was him) from bogosian and he didnt get all of the shot which gave chad time to get over. And again kovalchuk in the shootout was terrible, i still dont know what he was thinking. Atlanta really did not test him much last night until the end of the game. For first half they were barely shooting and when they were they had already passed themselves out of a good scoring position. He was exposed on the 5-hole too easily and yeah that needs work.

I think chad did great for his first NHL game...BUT to come on here and start projecting he is going to take henrik's job in the near future, is sheer stupidity. And its not because Henrik is God, because he has problems going down too early and getting beat up high...he's not god to us, or me at least,...its the fact that henrik lundqvist a proven NHL netminder who has been a vezina nominee. Henrik has single handedly carried this team the past few seasons. Chad Johnson has played ONE NHL game...ONE. And it was against an atlanta thrasher team that has some talent but did not impress me at all with the way they played. Lets see how chad does when he's put in against a more dangerous team such as the capitals or penguins before we start penciling him for the number one job.