Old
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Not sure any of the penalties they took wasn't legit. Timonen interfered with Crosby, Coburn held Rupp. Those are penalties.

Just because you don't live in the inner city, doesn't mean you're not capable of their stereotypical behaviors. Eric Lindros was connected to Joey Merlino, a convicted mob boss in Philadelphia. Rick Tocchet was involved in an illegal gambling ring.

Sound like people who knew better because they were from the suburbs?
That's a different kind of stupid. Guys like Gilbert Arenas bringing guns to the arena or Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the leg. Not that gambling (or whatever Lindros was doing) in some forms is any less illegal than guns and drugs, it is just that it is a different kind of crime. Crimes involving guns are far worse than gambling and in most cases completely stupid. Gambling isn't something that is going to turn heads and make some one say "What the hell were they thinking? They should be in jail!" Shooting yourself in the leg, bringing guns to the arena, etc is. I know those are two that just happened but there are plenty of examples. And not saying that all NHLers are saints and NFL/NBAers are criminals, I'm just saying that the guys getting in trouble from the NBA and NFL are brought up in a certain atmosphere that NHLers are not. You can't really dispute that (and of course I don't mean every NHLer was a rich kid and every NBA/NFLer was a poor kid in the inner city so please don't come back saying that that is what I meant by giving examples of rich basketball players and poor NHL players).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote