Thread: Prince Chad
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2010, 08:49 PM
TheHotRock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
It's not that your point is coming across, its just that most people don't agree with it. If Johnson turns out to be good, too good to be a backup per se, why not trade HIM and keep our 3 time vezina nominated goalie who has an olympic gold medal and has never played a season in the NHL without winning at least 30 games? The chances of Chad doing any of those things are very, very slight. Not because he doesn't look promising, but because few goalies ever do those things and few goalies the caliber of Hank are in the league at all. To me, Johnson showing that he has what it takes to be a starter says that we have a valuable trading piece in him, not in hank, just because hank is more than a starter, he's the kind of talent that rarely comes along and getting rid of him would be insane. To each his own though.
there's really a lot of quality goaltending available these days. there's a good chance a ufa like pekka rinne gets signed for under 3 mil this summer.

would it be so asinine to consider the notion of platooning him with a guy like johnson and trying to move lundqvist for a 40 goal scorer?

for the record, i do not advocate any of this, i just feel that it is very natural for some to be having these feelings.