Thread: Prince Chad
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2010, 09:58 PM
ocarina

vCash: 500
I love the guy and think we potentially got a steal in trading a 5th rounder for him, but what do people see in Johnson that makes them think he could overtake Lundy?

As mentioned before, his 5-hole looked weak. But for me, his reflexes looked a bit on the sluggish side at times. Sometimes, he didn't seem to react to a shot naturally (at least the way Lundqvist does). He is an example of the new kind of goalie in today's game, a big guy with pretty good lateral movement who knows how to position himself and let the puck do the work. What separates him from a guy like Lundy though, is that he doesn't seem to have the natural athleticism and talent to come up with big saves the way a #1 goalie would.

I don't mean to mean to devalue him or anything, but I don't see how he as of now can project as a legitimate starter in this league, let alone overtake a guy as good as Lundqvist. If he turns out to be a good back-up guy who can give his team a chance to win every time he plays and give Lundy a break, then I think we did pretty damn good for ourselves.