View Single Post
Old
01-09-2010, 09:23 AM
GothamRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Are you guys kidding me? The sentiments in this thread are essentially that the NHL should take a page out the book of radial terrorists and all "metrosexuals" should be killed because cursing is not in line with the image the NHL is trying to align itself with?

There's no cursing on this website, yet everyone here is able to find a way to deal with it.

This has NOTHING to do with US culture, or "manly-ness", or any of the other BS coming from the top of soap boxes here. It's about etiquette in the business world and having some degree of professionalism and pride in the product you're putting out.

Chimp, I'd love for you to be on the other end of the phone call from the CEO of Brand Management @ Honda and explain to him how regular uncontrolled explosions of vulgarity are benefitting him and the 3 year commitment he made as the largest corporate sponsor to the NHL. It's as far from the image Honda wants for itself as it is for the NHL.
Agree 100%. Regardless of whether the NHL puts in a rule or not, the fact is people should be able to conduct themselves in a professional setting like a press conference. Rangers fans should be ashamed when they see their head coach cussing like he has no regard for the situation he finds himself. This isn't the locker room or ice where he can say whatever he wants to his players, this is live television and it is assumed you are not going to cuss. Having him not curse in a press conference does not in any way effect how his players perform, and the fact that the NHL has to issue statements for what should be 100% obvious is so silly.

I highly doubt the people who don't mind him cussing would be swearing to the public in a similar situation.

If Torts did it once or twice, that is fine, we all loose our cool once in a while, but right now it's getting a little ridiculous.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote