View Single Post
Old
01-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

vCash: 500
Saturday Morning Update

SATURDAY MORNING UPDATE

This morning I found that several links have been updated from Friday night's games. It took a while for them to uploaded from the various locations. Here are the links:

Manitoba @ Lethbridge:
|> [LEAGUESTAT SUMMARY] ~ [SCORER'S SHEET] ~ [CIS BOXSCORE]
|> [U OF L STORY] ~ [U OF M STORY] ~ [C.W. STORY] ~ [CIS STORY]

The Lethbridge story points out that the 'Horns added two new players for the second half of the season. Winston Day Chief from Alaska-Anchorage was stopped on a partial breakaway and Brian Matte from Prince George.

Calgary @ Alberta:
|> [LEAGUESTAT SUMMARY] ~ [SCORER'S SHEET]
|> [U OF A STORY] ~ [C.W. STORY]

The Alberta story was a basic recap with a good photo:

Regina @ UBC:
|> [LEAGUESTAT SUMMARY] ~ [SCORER'S SHEET] ~ [CITR ONLINE RADIO]
|> [UBC STORY]

The UBC story quoted the coach:
Quote:
"We know what's at stake. We knew we had to win nine out of 12 games (to make the playoffs) and now we have to win nine out of 11," said Dragicevic. "The pressure is high and we didn't respond well tonight."
I think the math may be accurate, which is bad news for them.

I usually don't add much from out east but there some interesting match-ups, so here's the scores from the OUA and AUS:

Saint Mary's 4 @ Acadia 5
Dalhousie 5 @ StFX 2
St. Thomas 3 @ UNB 4
Moncton 2 @ UPEI 3
Ottawa 2 @ Carleton 4
Toronto 7 @ Queen's 3
Lakehead 2 @ Western 7
Nipissing 6 @ RMC 3
Guelph 5 @ UOIT 1
Laurier 4 @ Brock 2

UNB keeps rolling (which is not news). But the AUS weak-sisters all performed well, with Dalhousie knocking off St FX.

In Ontario Lakehead once again looks like dynamite at home and then get spanked on the road, this time by the Urban Cowboys.

When you check out all the scores it seems that teams were able to switch from holiday mode to season mode. UBC looked good against McGill then got spanked against Regina. Lakehead skunked Manitoba then got plastered by UWO, who lost to so-so Brock and Guelph teams in a holiday tournament. Manitoba couldn't check their way out oif a wet paper bag against Lakehead then shut-out Lethbridge. Hmmmm. Anyhow, I'll bne checking to see that Lakehead-UWO score in tonight's rematch.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote