View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 07:00 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Will Tootoo make us more physical

In the past, I've been quite critical of how physical we are as a team. Instead of taking the body, alot of times we'll just pokecheck. Even when forechecking and the opportunity arose to plaster someone, we would tail off and shadow them. Choosing the stick over the shoulder. Last Saturday was a different story all together. Every one was hitting when given the chance. Even Johansson and Johnson were laying the wood against the boards. Was Tootoo this infectious? It was alluded that maybe he could spark the team but we were quite physical against Chicago and I don't doubt he had something to do with it. Every time he was on the ice someone (not necessarily Jordin) popped Blackhawk. I think with players like Jordin and Kloucek, everyone might get a little rougher. I know when I played, big hits or even consistent shoulder checks into the boards pumped everyone up and made us all more anxious to rock some glass.

p.s. I can't wait for the day we sideline a star because of a clean Kloucek hit. No bad injuries like blown ACLs, just wind knocked out, gasping for air hammers. We haven't had too many bone crushers. I want one.