View Single Post
Old
01-10-2010, 04:21 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
McDonagh is much closer to Brad Stuart than he is Jeff Beukeboom. He's mobile and likes to throw the body, but he's not necessarily a crease-clearer like Beuke was.

I'll be shocked if he turns into a 1st pairing guy at this point. He was projected to be one when he was drafted, but he never developed his offensive game the way scouts had hoped he would. Still, he has a good shot and can be an option on the 2nd PP unit and will most likely be a 2nd pairing guy.

I mean, I dunno what to tell people who say "I've watched him and he looks like a 1st pairing guy." That's just ridiculous. I guess I attribute that to the fact we haven't had a true first pairing guy in the lineup in quite some time. Staal is getting closer, but he needs more seasoning.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Stepan spend another year at school. He's just not developed enough physically to step into the AHL, and he doesn't seem like the type to go play one year in the CHL.
Agree completely with your assessment of McD.

It also doesn't make sense for Stepan to go to Juniors and be an overage player in the league..what is that going to do to help him? The only thing I can think of it play 2x as many games, thus getting him ready for a pro schedule. Like a few other posters stated, that is the first I heard of this rumor.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote