View Single Post
Old
01-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Kodiak

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Here's Benoit's bio, courtesy the Rangers' website:

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/c...sp?coachid=120
I saw that. I also saw that they did a little name dropping at the end, whether it was warrented or not. This is the part that matters:

Quote:
Prior to coming to New York, Allaire spent seven seasons as the goaltending coach for the Phoenix Coyotes. Allaire also served as the goaltending instructor for the Montreal Canadiens for one season in 1997.
I wouldn't put much stock in his development of goalies in the Q, as goalies are on a longer learning curve, so I don't know how much impact he'd have on them long-term. Also, I wouldn't put much stock in his year with Montreal. It's hard to judge his performance on one year. That said, his work with Phoenix is impressive enough. Under Allaire, Burke became a Vezina candidate and Boucher broke the continuous shutout record.

I really like the hire of Allaire. I just don't like it when people exaggerate his accomplishments and throw out goalies that he hasn't worked much with.