View Single Post
Old
01-04-2005, 12:05 AM
KOVALEV10*

vCash: 500
Richard, Beliveau, Lafleur top 10 or not? Overall thoughts?

What do you guys think of those 3? They are the 3 best hab forwards of all time obviously. But would you consider one of them in the top 5 of best forwards ever?

Rocket Richard as we know was a determined goal scorer.. he was the first to score 50 goals in a single season much less in 50 games! Also the first to score 500 in a career and has won 9 Stanley Cups.

Jean Beliveau was an awesome player who could stickhandle better then anyone I've ever seen in my life. Also scored 500 goals and about 1100 points.Won a hart trophy and 10 stanley cups.

Guy Lafleur is considered as the most exciting hockey player of all time by many. He was the first player ever to score 50 goals or more in 6 consecutive seasons as well as 120 points or more on 6 consecutive seasons. Won 3 art ross trophies, 2 hart trophies, 5 stanley cups with 4 of them in a row, a conn smythe trophy and was the idol of future legends such as Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky. His style was so fun to watch with the dekes and the spins and his booming shot.. he was really the Flower!

The hockey news ranked Richard at no 5, Beliveau at no 7 and Lafleur at no 11...Personally I think Lafleur is in the top 10...

What are your thoughts about those 3? I would say Richard is in the top 5 forwards of all time and Beliveau and Lafleur are no doubt in the top 10! Anyone agree with me? Discuss!

Last edited by KOVALEV10: 01-04-2005 at 12:29 AM.