Thread: Larry Brooks: 'Rent' time for Rangers
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
is it really? the top team in the East is the new jersey devils. a team we've owned for years. A team hank beats religiously. we can't compete with them in a 7 game series with 7 home games?? stop it.

and then you have washington. Like i said here's a team that we were up 3-1 in a 7 game series LAST YEAR without a superstar gunner in gaborik and without a powerplay (which is cold right now but has consistenly been top 10 all year) we can't compete with them either?

buffalo is a good team but not great by any means. they rely on miller almost as much as we rely on hank.

really the only team that scares me is pittsburgh (who is dying right now and has zero powerplay) but does that mean you should sell your vets because you are afraid of 1 team in the conference? who else exactly is a major threat? who can't we compete with in this weak WEAK conference?

i'm not saying go sell the farm to get BETTER but to ask an organization to sell off their players when they are sitting just a few points from home ice advantage in teh playoffs is absurd and like i said unprecedented. no one does it so why should glen start?
Yes. It is.

Youre being extraordinarily optimistic.

Its the same short-sighted approach thats been hampering this organization for 15 years.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote