View Single Post
Old
01-11-2010, 09:55 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Some people are just sick of the status quo, which is what standing pat or adding a piece or two at the deadline would be the short-sighted BS thats been going on for SO LONG around these parts. Everyones eyes get big around playoff time and the phrase "anything can happen" permeates our mindsets.

In your heart of hearts, are you really expecting anything more than a first or second round playoff exit and then the same old cluster**** of salary problems in the offseason?

Might as well sell off some assets now (and as I said before, I think this team can make the playoffs without a Prospal or Higgins or Girardi). I think Prospal, in particular, could fetch a worthwhile pick. Its time to start putting some sort of long-term plan into effect, because this team isnt going to be a contender for another couple of years. Might as well start building for that moment now.
I honestly wouldn't trade Prospal if we're guaranteed, right now, to make the POs. Now, if somehow, a team is crazy enough to give us in return a first round pick for a package of Higgins/Prospal/Girardi or whatever combination, that would be different, I could change my mind on letting Prospal go, but I don't see it happening.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote