View Single Post
Old
01-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Hextall27

vCash: 500
Help with my decision

I've been asked to join a beer league team with a few guys I work with. I already play on one team but this is a completely new one, save for a few guys. The problem is we had a pick-up game and these players are FAR AND AWAY better than I am....its not even close.

This is my second season playing (Im 29) and Im just picking up the basics. Im a slightly below average skater and all around average RW. I am by far the worst on this roster. Some of these guys pass harder than I shoot and! My problem is I cant decide if I want to tell the guys "Thanks but No thanks" or try to learn by getting thrown to the wolves. I'm not a quitter but I can hardly keep up with the play and dont wanna be "that guy", but at the same time I like the idea of playing with elite players. Do any of You guys have any experience playing with guys that out class you? I think my best bet is to wait till I develop as a player a little more, then try to play with these guys. I dont want to be the outcast and not feel like Im actually part of the team. What do you think?

Hextall27 is offline   Reply With Quote