Old
01-11-2010, 12:28 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
anyways on topic.
If we got Zidlicky free sure but we will have to give up at-least a 2nd+ so a big NTY for me
I don't think we'd have to give up a second AND a prospect, maybe one or the other. GMs have seen teams get burned on trades like the Hossa deal vs. trades like the Guerin deal.

Quote:
Car:UFA
Ray Whitney: likely cost us our first or 2nd+ mid level $al= about 800k left to be paid at the deadline (think my math is right here)
Matt Cullen: have on Goc so nty
Joe Corvo: I agree we need a shut down D man not all offense.
Aaron Ward: Would come cheep and 600k left to be paid.. that being said from my self NTY better out there
I'd like to add Whitney, but like I said earlier, he wants to stay.

Corvo has rounded out his game since the move from Ottawa and logged a ton of shorthanded time while in the lineup. The problem is that calf laceration that will keep him out until about a week or so before the deadline. It also degrades his value, so we might get a good deal on him and he would be a great fit.

I also don't agree with the idea that we need a strictly defensive defenseman like Shaone Morrisonn. The fact that we're putting Francis Bouillon on the power play is an atrocity against power plays everywhere. We need a guy that can play in all situations.

Quote:
EDM:UFA
Fernando Pisani: pass
Rest are ether RFA or have contract beyond this year..
I'd like to get my hands on Grebeshkov, though, if they really are looking to trade the guy.

Quote:
TOR:UFA
Lee Stempniak: 3rd+ prospect? 600k left to be paid.. Id like to get him but thats just me
Alexei Ponikarovsky: This is what we need! 2nd+ about 500k left to be paid this would be my main interest at the deadline
Matt Stajan: Nty
Jamal Mayers:nty
Garnet Exelby:nty
Jonas Frogren:nty
Ponikarovsky would be an excellent addition. He's a great two-way forward with size and goal-scoring ability. I'm just not sure what he would command. I guess it depends on how well Burke and Poile have gotten along over the past few months in putting together the U.S. Olympic team.

Quote:
STL:UFA
Keith Tkachuk: 2nd+ 600k left to be paid. not sure how i feel about this.. think id pass
Paul Kariya: 1st+ 1.3 left to be paid ... if we wanna make a big move then yes..
Carlo Colaiacovo: need Def D
No interest in Kariya whatsoever. He has been playing well for the last month or so, but he disappears come playoff time. Tkachuk has a NTC and won't waive it to come here. Colaiacovo would be okay, but there are a few better options available. I'd take him if it came down to it, but he's not my first choice.

Quote:
CBJ:Ufa
Fredrik Modin: Nty
Raffi Torres: 3rd+ 500k left to be paid.. not sure here but think id like it
I don't think Torres makes us a much better team, but even then, a trade between Nashville and Columbus is less likely than a sanctioned marriage between a Capulet and a Montague.

Quote:
Other players:
Shaone Morrisonn Wash: 3rd+ 500k left to be paid.. I think hes just what we need
I disagree. As I said earlier, we need a defenseman that can jump in on the second unit power play instead of Bouillon.

The other option we have is Dennis Seidenberg, who is the absolute perfect fit for what we need, but I don't think he's going to be available at the deadline. If he is, I'd be all over a trade for him.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote