View Single Post
Old
01-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Bitterman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
I disagree. With AK out, It's perfect time to try and make a Pouliot-type deal to fill out Andrei's spot. Not saying to rush anything, but Halak's value is as high as it was ever, and the team actually has a rather large hole, it would be a good time to be able to get a young guy in a slump, cheap and worse comes to worse, you put him on the 4th when AK comes back. I don't have any names right now, because I don't know who's hot or not but it could be a good deal.
The problem is with the cap era, pure hockey trades are rare... so rare that the Lats/Pouliot thread will hit 40 friggin pages. All teams want to dump expensive salary and don't want to take any back so deadline day and maybe a few days before is what everyone is waiting for.

That said, Halak is cheap for the rest of this year which makes an earlier move possible but I don't yet see a team, preferably a western team who have young, cheap forward talent and a major problem in goal and few replacement options.

I can see Chicago wanting extra insurance for Huet but they aren't desperate. Same with Detroit so there's no harm in Gainey waiting a bit longer in hopes a couple #1 goalies get hurt to offer up a cheap fix for them.

Bitterman is offline   Reply With Quote