Thread: Injury Report: Emery expects to return Saturday
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
So then at what point do you think he should replace Booch? I mean does he have to be 15-0-1, post 3 more shutouts and have a .980 SV%?
You're right, it's not going to be easy. I don't think he looks very good positionally even in this run we're in right now...I think his rebound control is terrible...and I've seen him in enough games previously to have an already developed low opinion of him.

It would be one thing if he was winning games and none of the traits that so cost him previously were not there...but they're all there, just for whatever reason pucks aren't getting buried right now. Boucher has the annoying trait of blocking the puck with his glove hand and not catching it, but if you throw a puck at Leighton's pads there's like a 50% chance he's going to put it right into the slot.

He's hot right now...and just like the dude who hits .450 the first few weeks of the baseball season, this too shall pass.

I'd rather have Boucher. Over their respective careers he's been the better goalie, is a serviceable backup, and I have better faith in him if I'm looking past this week.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote