Thread: Switzerland: Steiner to Columbus?
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2010, 08:22 PM
torero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koh19 View Post
Damn, imagine if, by some random reason, Steiner got called up to play a few games with the Florida Panthers, what would Ralph Krueger, the swiss national team coach, look like? Steiner isn't even on the list of players that would be chosen for the Olympics in case of an injury.

That would be one hell of slap in the face for some people!
I actually also had the same thing in mind !!

Would be another strong argument for the Kruger haters.

It is really surprising to see how effective he is in North America compared to Ambuhl !!

When i watch Steiner's games, he seems to be not only part of the game but really a key player. When i see Ambuhl (who is on the Swiss team, and I know what he is worth here over ! do not misunderstand me) he seems to be on an other planet than the guys he plays with !
(Steiner 8 points in 7 games (+at least 2 good screenings) vs Ambuhl 5 points in 39 games)

Yet Steiner will need some time to adjust to AHL to become more effective. He has some quality mates that are likely to be picked before him. I do not think that he may be picked before the Olympics ! avoiding the obvious embarrassment for whom we know !
Yet why not dream a story la Sexton (Ducks).

As for Ambuhl, he should move to another team. He seems to be already stronger on the puck ... he has progressed... no doubt. I am convinced that by playing simpler with a faster environment and on a better line, he could blossom like an edelweiss.
(the flower that blossoms in adversity is the most beautiful one; old Chinese proverbe)

torero is offline   Reply With Quote