Old
01-11-2010, 10:11 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNetter View Post
I've got a bad feeling about this. . .

It's one thing to play pickup hockey with a bunch of friends who are better than you. It's all fun, some guys can show off while other guys coast and at some point they let the beginners skate end to end with the puck. When you get onto a league team, especially if it's above D level, the lighthearted attitude changes. Some guys will slam their stick for missing a shot on goal. Some may become impatient with you if you keep making the same bad play. And then you've got your opponents to worry about.

Keep in mind that you may be playing non-check hockey but collisions happen. It's much better to be skated into by a D level player than a B level player. It's also easier to block a shot made by a D player than a B player. Trust your gut instincts. Know your limits. And if this is a league you're probably making a commitment to play on this team through the season, come what may. If I were you I'd stay playing on your team and maybe ask the new team if you can skate with them when they practice. The extra skate will do you some good and you won't have to worry about being "that guy" during games when the stakes are higher.
All good advice. Playing with guys a little better than you is good- but playing with guys way better can lead to awful results...

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote