View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 07:43 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
I see the issue as why should the avs trade a guy like Tanguay when they currently are showing confidence in the two kids they have in nets ?
I COULD see tanguay going somewhere for a goalie but someone who has a bit more of a track record. For example
Khabibulin or say .... sean burke or say .... Jose Theodore

But I seriously doubt PHX gives the AVs any assistance in securing another serious cup run by dealing burke for tanguay. PHX needs a blueliner not a forward.

The habs won't trade another stud goalie to the avs, they learned their lesson the first time. Besides they need Jose the MVP back in a big way in habs land and certainly wouldn't do it for tanguay.

Bulin wall is more of a possibility and I have seen such a thread posted here before. However I am not sure tampa wishes to just hand the job to Grahame unless he earn it from bulin.

I think the Avs should be looking to secure another capable crease clearing Dman. Then if the goalie tandem falters, then make an offer to team in a buyers market, but know its a gamble for another cup run. (like they do every year)