View Single Post
Old
01-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding blue
The thing is that you aren't going to be able to fill those immediate pressing needs by the draft, without a frist rounder. Down the road they would sure help but it isn't often that you find that dominant left tackle outside of the first round, let alone have the guy play well his first year. I know Boselli, Pace, Jordan Gross, and Gallery were all drafted in the top 10. I don't think the Giants get a franchise left tackle with their 2nd rounder. I do think they could use that pick to get a very good WR or a linebacker. So I say spend the big bucks to bring in Walter Jones or Orlando Pace and then use the draft to get more explosive on offense and more dependable on defense.
That second round pick can def. be used to grab a very serviceable WR. Owens was drafted in like the 6th/8th round. If anything, you can always get a speed reciever in the late rounds.

I'd love to be able to pick up a big name WR though. A guy you can count on in any situation. And i don't wanna write off Tyree, i liked the chemistry i saw between him and Manning in that last game.

As for Will Allen, he's been pretty bad, and the fatc that he was touted as being a "shut down corner" makes me view him as a bust, because he is anything but. The guy cannot lock up a WR on the line, he cant make plays on the ball, and he's too small to cover big WRs. How many times have we seen him drop errant throws that could have been returned for TDs?