View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 08:43 PM
hockeyaddict101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
I make no mention of what Comrie is demanding, so that does not apply. I'm merely getting very mad at how everyone seems to expect the guy to sign for less than our tough guy, and play like a madman, then will start in on the "give him 2 million next season" talk, and don't want long-term deals either. It's so unrealistic and it drives me nuts.

If Comrie is demanding 3-4 mil, then yeah, he is overpricing himself and it will take a while to get him down, BUT, I think Rich Winter is more intelligent than to demand that much money outright. I'd guess anyway. So I don't happen to even consider that possibility. Even if the Oil and him are 1 mil apart, those numbers seemingly wouldn't work out, based on the reporting of what Lowe's offering, and what he's likely to be offering if you weigh the factors.

I know my opinion is unpopular, but frankly, I don't care, letting this guy sit is a mistake. If he's asking for 3-4 mil it's different, but I'm agressively inclined not to think that.
How do you know though? Have you heard anything from a credible source?

I am sure you haven't so your speculation could be correct and it could be completely offbase. Just like that posters comments on Comrie being spoiled. It could be true or it could be false.

You have a right to your opinion, just like that poster has a right to believe that Comrie is a spoiled brat. Either opinion could be correct!

Note that I am not disagreeing with your opinion. My only comment is you are being hypocritical about chastising someone for believing an opinion that is all speculation when you are doing the exact same thing!