View Single Post
Old
01-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Peter Laviolette. He actually demands accountability from his players and gets angry when they do something stupid. Now that the players know his system its more about reacting then thinking.

All the pieces were/are in place (except maybe goalie, I'm still not sold on the Emery-Leighton-Boucher three headed monster), it was just about making them work together which most people on this board agreed John Stevens was incapable of. Now that we have a competent coach you're seeing what this team is capable of. Hopefully we can sustain it.
Well, in fairness, I'll be shocked if we can sustain what we've seen recently. However, the thing under Stevens was always that if he could just get the team organized at even strength they would blow people out of the water due to the special teams play this team can put out there. With a cohesive even strength offense that can put up goals with consistency, and force opponents to take penalties...we can play with anyone due to our offensive punch.

I agree...goaltending remains an issue, and even on this run our defensive zone play gets sloppy with some consistency. But when you're scoring 4.5 goals a game in the NHL it tends to cover up a lot of that stuff.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote