View Single Post
Old
01-13-2010, 08:29 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
That doesn't surprise me. I also hope that Auger was at least reprimanded for his part in the whole fiasco. I doubt it, but I hope so. We'll never know for sure, because the league will keep a tight lid on it. I'm also betting that it will be a while before Auger refs another Canucks game.

Burrows was perhaps an idiot for going public with it, but what other alternative did he have? If he'd brought it to the Canucks coaches/management, and they requested that the league look into it, absolutely nothing would have happened and no one would know about it.

It's definitely a black mark on the league, but if it causes refs to examine their own motives vs. calling a game properly, the NHL is better in the long run.
I think Burrows did the right thing to come public. Your right, if they keep it quiet the league won't do anything about it. The best way to get the point across to the league is to take the personal hit (the fine) and go public with it and make the league look bad. Otherwise incidents like this will continue to happen.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote