View Single Post
Old
01-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
This is what bothers me the most. People pay to see the players, not the refs. What you said before about penalties in OT is true -- they should only come when they prevent a scoring opportunity (I'm thinking the OT against the Caps in 08, when RJ could've had a breakaway or a 2-on-1). I think that should be the case for all instances. Obviously, if something is egregious, it needs to be called -- like a high stick or something like that, but in no way should the spotlight be on the refs. No ****ing way.
Eh, see I think the changing standard in OT is ridiculous. The Caps Game 7 is a case in point, because the assumption of the changing standard leads to fans flipping out when a penalty is called and "ruins the game." Lupul scoring on a PP was a travesty to many neutral fans, and obviously the Caps fans. Never mind that the Caps defensemen had taken down two players at the blue line within 2 minutes that were breaking out and would have gone in on odd-man rushes because the D was out of position.

A penalty is a penalty....call it.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote