View Single Post
Old
01-13-2010, 01:26 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Eh, if you read between the lines on the anonymous officials quoted about this, it sounds like they believe Burrows' story. I can see other officials being more peeved about one official blowing the mystique of their integrity as opposed to a player calling him on it.

EDIT: I'll also note that I'm enjoying all these NHL commentators babbling about how NHL referees are the bomb-diggity and would never do such a thing. Get a grip guys, those guys are human and hold grudges just like everyone else...none of them are by rule different than someone like Crawford in the NBA.
I have always thought that NHL referees hold more grudges then any other group of officials in any other sport. Right or wrong they dont like it when one of their own gets called out publicly. I think this may have been handled differantly by the league if Burrows had gone through the proper channels. The NHL will never, ever admit publicly that there is a problem with one of their officials holding a grudge. Fining him or suspended Auger would have been a admission of guilt by Cambell and the NHL on one of their officials.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote