View Single Post
Old
01-05-2005, 01:53 AM
FlyersFan10*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
?

Seatle is a good team, a very good team. Scurko is a plugger, I don't see much offensive upside with him, but I think he will do much better at next years WJC IMO. He's a pleseant suprise.
I guess I should have clarified that more. Seattle is a good team, but they don't seem to be an offensive team. What I was wondering was that if Scurko was on a team that was more offense oriented (playing somewhere in the OHL like Ottawa, Mississaugga, or London or in the Q like Gatineau, Rimouski, or PEI) would that have been better for Scurko and in turn, would he have been given a more prominent role on the Slovak team.

I took a look at the stats of the Seattle team and while they are good, they aren't overly impressive. It's like they're a team built around solid defensive play than offensive play. The reports on Scurko indicate he is good defensively, but that he also has great vision on the ice. If he were on a team that played an offensive game, would it have helped him develop a more offensive game to round out his defensive game and in turn, would he have gotten more ice time with Slovakia? I hope what I said makes sense.